In an achievement that showcases the squad’s stability, Melbourne Knights is pleased to confirm that 11 players from last season’s campaign have re-committed to the club, including 2013 Vice-Captain Ben Surey and goalkeeper Chris May.
Milan Batur, Sam Torrens, Anthony Colosimo, Jacob Colosimo, Shayan Alienjad, Michael Simms, Chris Talajic and Tommy Uskok also join the already confirmed Marijan Cvitkovic as returning players for the new NPL Victoria season.
Jacob Colosimo returns to Knights Stadium to re-commit after an off-season trial period in Indonesia with powerhouse Persib Bandung.
Speaking to melbourneknights.com.au, last season’s Vice-Captain Ben Surey said he never had intentions to depart from Somers Street and said the vibe in the change rooms was good at this time of year.
“I didn’t really have any other plans,” Surey said. “It’s always good to get it sorted and watch the rest of the squad form at the same time and get a lot of the players back from last year.”
“We’ve been back about five weeks now and had two games. It’s a little bit slow and about getting the miles into your legs to begin with. Training’s been good; it’s been hard but that’s good.”
Melbourne Knights’ season starts on March 14 when the club hosts reigning Victorian champion Northcote City, with kick off at 8.30PM