Home / News / Club News / Knights bolster attack with Visevic signing
visevic_featured

Knights bolster attack with Visevic signing

Melbourne Knights is pleased to confirm that former Australian youth international Daniel Visevic has signed with the Club for the 2014 NPL Victoria season.

 

The 25-year-old forward is one of a handful of other new signings who returns to Knights Stadium, after a period with the club in 2007.

 

The left-footer, who was touted by media as a player that could step up to the national league, joins Andrew Marth’s squad from Port Melbourne where he made 19 appearances.

 

Visevic has represented Australia at junior level, and has played under current Socceroos coach Ange Postecoglou while playing for the Joeys (U17 team).

 

The new signing said he has ambitions to win the inaugural NPL Victoria title and also stated his reasons for returning to Somers Street.

 

“I’m pretty excited.” Visevic said. “I had a good season last year and I’m pretty keen to do well again this year and push for top spot.”

 

“It’s a Croatian club and I’m a Croatian boy with a Croatian family. I’ve played here before many years ago, so it’s good to be coming back.”

 

“I just want to do well with the team and hopefully win the thing!”

 

Visevic joins Ante Kovacic and Rodrigo Covarrubias as new signings for the 2014 NPL Victoria campaign.

 

Knights’ season starts at home to reigning champion Northcote City on March 14, with kick off at 8.30PM.

 

To purchase your membership for the exciting new season, click here.

Check Also

Untitled-1

Harris Brace Secures Cup Progression

Melbourne Knights’ FFA Cup campaign kicked off with a 3-1 victory over State League One …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *